During past few years, SETU FOUNDATION has organized several programs under distinct objectives, covering all the relevant issues to uplift and serve the weaker sections of society. Some of which are as follows;
Income generation activities:To strengthen the earning hand of the villages- the youth, SETU FOUNDATION conducted various training programs for the youth groups, especially for adolescent/young girls. SETU FOUNDATION also endeavored to change the traditional pattern of cropping and motivated women to increase their share in income generation activities through medicinal plant cultivation promotion. The following training programs have been conducted:
- Handloom Training program for villagers in Dist. Tehri.
- Training program on stitching and tailoring for school going girls in Dist. Tehri
- Women Awareness Camps on rights and livelihood promotion in Dist. Dehradun (Funded by SSWB, Govt.Uttrakhand )
- Agro based livelihood skill development training of women/farmers in distinct villages of Dist. Dehradun on Medicinal Plant cultivation and Conservation (Funded by NMPB, New Delhi, GOI)
- Herbal Beauty Care Training program for adolescent/young girls and house wives of distinct villages and urban areas of District Dehradun (Cofounded by SEWA-THDC Rishikesh and Setu Foundation)
- Vocational Trainings in different trades for rural disabled people of district Dehradun as per the need assessment ( Funded by CBM-SARO through RDI Dehradun )
Training program for rural girls on Nursing Assistance in block Doiwala , Dehradun under NSDC program of GOI.
Digital literacy program for youth and rural women under NDLM program GOI
SETU FOUNDATION conducted surveys on Birth registration and female birth rate to strengthen the activity of awareness creation on Female Feticide, and submitted the primary data to concerned Govt. bodies. A survey on present status of education facilities in the Dist. was also conducted and analytical report had been sent to “Sarv Shiksha Abhiyaan” Dehradun, Govt. of Uttarakhand.
- Baseline Survey on “education facilities in slums” in Rishikesh
- Baseline survey on Universal Birth Registration in Dist. Haridwar.
- Demographic survey NBA of disabled person in some villages of Block Doiwala, district Dehradun.
- Self Assessment for teachers on an Inclusive educational facilities in School of block Doiwala, Dehradun (Funded by CBM-SARO)
Activities on gender issue:
SETU FOUNDATION has worked on the issue of Female Feticide. Different awareness activities have been organized for sensitizing the community on the issue of female feticide including many IEC activities.
*Awareness program on the issue of Female Feticide & UBR in Dist. Haridwar (Funded by PLAN INDIA, New delhi )
*Baseline survey on identification of female birth rate in Dist. Haridwar.
*Worked against sex selective abortion with financial support of PCPNDT committee,
Haridwar, in block Roorkee
- To Assist PCPNDT Committee Haridwar for effective implementation of PCPNDT act
- To Supervise and monitor of Ultrasound Centers
- To aware community against sex selective abortion
- To aware and strengthen PRIs for pregnancy registration and maintaining records for CSR etc.
Activities on Health and Sanitation:
Health and sanitation awareness is the weaker aspect of society. To bring change in the mind-sets and beliefs of the populace SETU FOUNDATION has made serious efforts by organizing awareness camps along with health camps, environment awareness camps, vaccination and other related programs like:
- Various Health Check-up Camps have been conducted under different programs in Dehradun, Haridwar and Tehri district till yet.
- Various Environment awareness Camps and orientation programs in Dehradun, Haridwar and Tehri district
- Hepatitis B vaccination and Awareness Camp in Dist. Pauri (supported by RESEARCH INDIA, LUCKNOW)
- Forestry/ community Plantation Work in district Dehradun , Haridwar and Tehri District..
- Solid Waste Management awareness program in urban area of Dehradun (Supported by Urban development department, Govt. of Uttarakhand)
- Conducted various Awareness cum IEC program as Rallies, Seminars, Workshops, Wall writings, Street plays. distinct school competitions. Cleanliness campaigns etc. based on the issue of Health & hygiene in Rishikesh, district Dehradun.( Supported by THDCL- Rishikesh, Uttarakhand).
- Various Disability based health camps, Home based physio therapy/ Rehabilitation programs and sensitization programs have been conducted in Block Doiwala, District Dehradun ( supported by CBM-SARO)
- Early Chilhood Care Training programs for CWDs in Doiwala, Dehradun.
Worked with financial support from CBM-SARO on the issue of Disability under SAKSHAM PROGRAM ( Community Based Rehabilitation) in District Dehradun
focusing on working with and for PWD (People With Disability) in the rural area of Dehradun, Uttarakhand, we made efforts to spread awareness among disabled people, their family members and other community members for rights, services and other benefits of disabled people to strengthen their capability and knowledge needed for their day to day struggle just to live happily and confidently as other people live. To assist their inclusion in mainstream development, organization is making effort to facilitate them for certification of disability, linkage to pension, educational stipends, medical/ Health insurance, facility of assistive devices, livelihood assistance and other benefits which are being provided by Govt. or NGovt. organizations.
School Herbal Garden program: Foundation establishrd herbal garden in schools with the objective of educating students about medicinal plants and conservation of medicinal plants. The State Medicinal Plant Board, Uttarakhand provided financial and technical support for implementation of this program.
Swachhata Action Plan: The Swachhata Action Plan was one of the milestone initiatives performed by the SETU foundation as part of its commitment with the development of a hygienic and healthy environment in the region, combining both direct actions as well as programs for sensitization and awareness rising.
The different activities under this programs had been conducted by the SETU foundation along with the collaboration of SEVA-THDC Rishikesh.
Many awareness meetings with different stakeholders, cleanliness campaigns, wall paintings, school competitions, organic pit construction, and sanitary pad distribution has been done under this program in Rishikesh and nearby villages.
Education Program (BUDS Academy) BUDS Academy is a Primary education program for less privileged children, initiated from March 2016. BUDS ACADEMY is providing English medium primary education to less privileged children (Mostly dropouts) with the aim of mainstreaming of these less privileged children’s primary education and improving their life style. The program is providing nursery grooming to primary education up to 5th standard or hopefully will be preceded to further advance standard as per the interest and need of beneficiaries and support of stakeholders and patrons. Buds Academy Schooling Program, Mansa devi aims to be the pioneer of primary educational centers, delicately committed towards nurturing and fostering eminence. BUDS Academy, situated at village Mansa devi, By pass road Rishikesh, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. In addition foundation attempting to improve the financial status of concerning families through skill development and adult education as healthy and illiterate family support needed for upbringing of the child.
Providing physiotherapy services:
· SHG formationProgram: With the support of NABARD, Organization is forming women self help groups and attempting to link the with reginal bank. Further those group will be capacitated to involve in income generation activities. Organization is atempting to connect some of these with oitherGovt/Nongovt. organizations and department to support these groups in establishing their income generation activities in Doiwala block of Dehradun district